Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011

Well, I've got too many words for a Six Word Saturday. First off, Happy New Year!!! I've got a feeling, that it's going to be a good one :)

My evening was beyond fabulous, and didn't end until sometime around 3 o'clock this morning. After a decent rest, we woke to the sun and a stunning view of the water and mountains. Had a delicious breakfast of baked french toast, again :) Sat and soaked up the sun pouring through the windows, while I was curled up on one of the couches with my sweetie - alternating between reading and soaking up the view. We went for a wee mini run (the first in months, yay!) and rewarded ourselves in the hot tub after. Grabbed the cameras and ambled down the beach looking for our first 365 post! What a wonderful day really. Now, I'm resting in front of the fire, with my dinner prepped and ready to go so I can join in with everyone for a big group meal.

That's me. That's my story. I'm a fighter. If something is not working, I work hard to figure out what it is, then find a solution. I'm a creative problem solver. I will keep trying things until I get it right. The last two times I went on a group trip, were... unsuccessful. This time, it's been a dream. This trip is showing me the progress I've made, and giving me fuel for more to come.

Oh, and I promised to share with you a few things today. First, my essence. My lovely friend Rita has realized that hers is love, and I've come to realize that mine is joy! It's what I seek out for myself, encourage others to find for themselves, and hopefully what people feel from being around me. The challenge I put out to you is to send me pictures of Joy! Interpret it how you like. I'm thinking to have photos in by the 31st, followed by a week of voting. The prize? One of my photos either emailed or mailed to you. Anything on my Flickr account. Fun?! Yes!

And finally... I asked for y'all to help me with my desire for snow angel making. I got these two wonderful photos on Christmas Eve, from the wonderful Emily at Broke Down Artist, who actually inspired me to come up with the idea. Look at the Joy on her face in that first pic!

Wishing that all your wishes come true this year!






reverb 31 - Core story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?
(Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month.
Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Happy New Year! I've always wanted to make snow angels! Unfortunately, I live in a city that only knows two seasons, Summer and Summer! lol Hopefully, one day, I will travel somewhere where real snow exists and I can make my snow angels!

Jen said...

happy new year, hope to follow your 365! :)

Noel said...

Lovely day and a lovely post to match! Wishing you all the best in 2011! :)

ShanLeigh said...

Happy new year! Sounds like you are well on your way. Here's to much joy!! :)

Emily said...

Haha! You are so cute for posting those pics- the reason there is such joy on my face is because I realized that it is still in me- that nothing is stopping me from getting down on freshly fallen snow, and making a snow angel:) Thanks for putting that wish out there and I'm glad I could help facilitate it!