Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Send Off

Hi! I've missed you. It's been a fun few days. My sweetie took me away on Tuesday for two nights to a surprise destination. We ended up at a wonderful resort, in an ocean view... hmm that doesn't do it justice... an ocean front suite with kitchenette. I'm told the trip derived out of a plan to help me check the first thing on my life list. Hydropath! This is the most indulgent water based spa treatment I have ever partaken in. And my sweetie said, after finishing, that it was the nicest thing he had ever done for himself. Wow! Plus two nights to ourselves in luxury, with sunrise and sunset mountain views, and tons of relaxing time. What a gift, to me, to us and to him.

Then... we got talked into a big group (14 of us) New Year's trip, pretty close to where we were already staying. Which meant driving home yesterday, unpacking, repacking and driving back up today. Though it may not sound like it, it's all completely worth it. I'm going to be bringing in 2011 with amazing and energetic people. In an incredible log house right on the water. Okay, so maybe I'm hiding out a little now that I'm here, as I settle in to the energy and wait out the dinner prep in the kitchen. And still, it's completely worth it.

2011, I'm ready! Give me what you got.



(This video was shot in one take!!!)

reverb 30 - Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable.
What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?


2 comments:

Average Girl said...

i'm thinking that you and Rita must be hanging out at the same cabin tonight! If that is the case say hi to her and have a great time!

ShanLeigh said...

Happy new year! Sounds like a wonderful few days!!! :)