Monday, December 6, 2010

reverb 6 - make love (and art), not war

Make. What was the last thing you made?
What materials did you use?

Is there something you want to make,
but you need to clear some time for it?

Yesterday was supposed to be the most recent thing I made. It was five new uploads to my digital photography stash. You can see my two favourites here and here.

The thing that I've been meaning to make, I ended up making today, like the true over achiever I am. Here it is. A bookmark for a friend, who lent me a book I'm reading (so I get to keep the bookmark a little while longer). My lovely friend doesn't usually lend out her treasures, aka books. I felt quite honoured. She's also quite adamant that each book has its own bookmark, and this one didn't. Until now :) My way of saying thank you.


The front
The back - oh so sparkly :)

Something else I made today was a stand. I stood up for women on our National day for remembrance and awareness of violence against women. Maverick and I showed our support at a beautiful and moving candlelight vigil this evening. The numbers of women who have experienced violence is staggering. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world free from all violence! Dream big :)

3 comments:

Cinderita said...

:-) LOVE LOVE LOVE!! LOve!! Thank you! Sparkly to boot? I Love sparkly! Thank you! You are too good to me. xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, real treasures, each with its own bookmark. What a nice gift.

Yvonne said...

Awesome gift! And very thought provoking post! Thanks!!!