Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hope Rocks



Today is officially the last day of my Experimental Art e-Course by Amelia Critchlow. I have immensely enjoyed it and I have gained so much from it. No longer do I fear the blank pages of my art journal, or cling to the simple and ordered. Messy, blurry, Big? Bring it!

Our final assignment was to embark on a little guerilla art. A while back I was wandering my pal Red's blog and read about her participation in something called Hope Rocks, a movement started by Woodstock Lily. What better reason to finally put this into action myself?

So, yesterday morning, I grabbed my sweetie and headed to the beach. It was super sunny and absolutely gorgeous. We had a lovely time, cameras in hands, stopping to admire the little things.

I collected up five rocks I felt to be worthy. The plan is to shoot them in their natural habitat, shoot their transformation, and shoot them in their new home. Here's the first one that I completed yesterday.


1stof5
Hope Rocks - First of Five

This beauty was re-nested at the Home and Garden show. I hope that it will have a hope-full journey.

12 comments:

gatheringwonder said...

great post - love the transformation

Cinderita said...

I LOVE it.

Cameron said...

What a great idea!

Emily said...

Yes! I remember seeing this on Terah's blog and thinking I HAD to do this:) Thank you for reminding me- maybe I'll go rock collecting later today... Love seeing the process from natural habitat to new home:)

Yvonne said...

Very cool! I like to draw on collected stones, too.

Kat Sloma said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the transformation. I will have to try that sometime.

Creatively Sensitive said...

Thank you! I was a little nervous, and very happy with how the first one turned out.

Four more transformations to come...

Would love to hear if you do something similar :)

Robin said...

I really like this.

considertessa said...

Great post! I really love this idea!

Cowgirl Red said...

This is so cool. I am really touched. I love the way you presented it. I'm going to do some more now. Xoxox. Terah

Lille Diane said...

OMGoodness!!! Red just sent me the link so I could come see your Hope Rocks!! Holy Rock 'n' Rollie your Hope Rocks are fantastic!! I am honored you joined us on the Hope Rock adventure of spreading hope one rock at a time. I'll link back to you tomorrow when I make my weekly Hope Rock post so peeps can come check out what you've done with your HR's. I love the scrolls and lettering you did. We have a fan page on FaceBook (listed under Hope Rocks)if you'd like to add your pics to the Hope Rocks Hall of Fame...after all you're now an official Hope Rock Star! Thank you for plying along. Lille aka Woodstock Lily =]

Jen said...

great idea!!